Tuesday 31 July 2012

Judy Dench with David,



Judy Dench and her niece Emma Dench,held it to be utterly shocking that David Cocks should cast aside his own son.This view is held by Alan Bennett our neighbour and chum since David was a baby and also Richard E. Grant who was also treated scurrilously by his father. Richard E Grant told me of this while we were waiting for our respective children in University College Quad.I told him how david's rich Q C father my pupil master gave his son only £16 a week and never saqw him though he constantly housed his adult step children,how he insisted i was worthless even though I raised his son alone and though an orphan at 6 had gone unaided through the ranks of university and law school alone,and had been asked to be his pupil though puplled to Michael Hymes,how I grew to utterly adore him which he utilised against me.Richard was marvellous a man of huge intellect and integrity,he knew at oncee what I was saying and told me his story.It was easier as we had a long standing mutual friend in Helena Helena Kennedy QC great champion of civil liberties,human rights and social justice.His father was vile to him making him live in a nightmare,and tried to shot him ,making him feel helpless and frightoned unvalued,"How can someone wants you dead , it is against nature for a father to want to kill a son."his father called him "shit"His father was always full of self pity. As Slavoj Žižek Slovene philosopher and cultural critic said to me "My God!"